IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEXT YEARS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOWMOBILE RACE.
The World Championship Derby Complex has agreed to continue with the great success experienced this past race season with the growth of the PRO CHAMP as the featured WC Class of the 2021 Derby. The FORMULA III class that had previously been mentioned as a possibility as the WC race, will continue to be developed and monitored and will be a separate USSA class within the USSA race schedule. The dates for next year Vintage World Championship Snowmobile Races are, January 8 – 10, 2021 and the World Championship Snowmobile Derby are January 14 – 17, 2021.
Be sure to mark your calendar, March 6-7, 2020, for the exciting 2020 ARCTIC DERBY DASH AT EAGLE RIVER, featuring Side by Side (UTV) racing on the modified half mile ice oval banked track. World Famous Off Road racer JOHNNY GREAVES brings his S x S Sports Racing group to the Famed Derby Track.
For more information contact: WWW.DERBYCOMPLEX.COM
Craig Marchbank, Race Director at 708-774-0604
World Championship Derby Complex
Attention Oval Racers
High humidity and warm day time temps has only allowed us to place 20% of water to build ice since last weekend. Oval practice scheduled on Thursday from noon to 4:00pm, will now be from noon to 2:00pm, 2 hours shortened. Racers that have paid for practice that do not like the change, we will refund their money.
Rest of Oval Races will take place as planned.
Questions? Call the WCDC Race Director, Craig Marchbank at 708-774-0604
For Immediate Release
June 17, 2019 – Updated
From: World Championship Derby Complex
New Pro Champ and Formula III Championship
racing classes to be featured at 2020 Derby
After much discussion with other tracks, USSA and manufacturers, the new Pro Champ 440 class will be the sleds competing for the title of World Champion at the 2020 World Championship Snowmobile Derby in Eagle River. This newly formed class replaces the old Champ 440 class for the World Champion title.
The change is being made to facilitate increased driver safety, less expensive racing equipment and to bring more competitive excitement to the show. The new Pro Champ 440 class is also the class supported by USSA’s ProStar Cup Series at all their events.
The old Champ class will still run but now as a regular class.
The also new Formula III class being approved by ISR, supported by contingency monies from the four OEMs and included in the USSA ProStar Cup Series will be featured in all its future events.
Reasons for creating this new class include a much lower cost of equipment resulting in increased participation on the track and increased safety for the drivers.
“We are committed to bringing exciting and very competitive racing action to our fans,” states Craig Marchbank, Race Director for the famed Eagle River Derby Track.
“This coming season will offer the teams and drivers a chance to develop their new Pro Champ 440 and Formula III sleds. We anticipate a much larger entry field for both these classes,” he added.
Tentative plans for the 2020 World Championship Snowmobile Derby will include a special “Formula III Championship” event on Saturday prior to the running of the 57th World Championship. The track will also offer an added purse in addition to the OEM’s contingency monies for the top three places.
Dates for the 2020 Derby are January 16-17-18-19.
For more information call Craig Marchbank – 708-774-0604
World Championship Snowmobile Derby, January 16-19, 2020
Activities scheduled during WC Snowmobile Derby:
- • USSA Ice Oval Class World Champions Races and feature World Champion Crowned.
- • Debut of new CLASS’S…New Champ 440 and Formula III.
- • High flying Snow Cross racing will excite all fans.
- • Friday Night Thunder with Heats of World Championship eliminations, & more
- • Motor Cycle Racing brings excitement to Ice Ovals.
- • Johnny Greaves, Off Road Truck World Champion, brings his SXS (Side by Side) Sports Series knowledge to Eagle River for Saturday Turbo Power Day and evening.
- • Kids racing in all classes combined with the “Badger State Winter Games”….Snowmobile races
- • Vintage snowmobile display and more….
- • You will marvel at Carl Eliason’s first “ELIASON SNOWMOBILE TOBOGOON” recognized as the eventer of the snowmobile.
- • Fireworks display’s both Friday and Saturday nights.
- • Derby Queen and Princes available for pictures and hospitality.
- • Front straight-a-way reserved indoor Hot Seats available with new Flat Screen TV’s
- • Gift Garage open for great gifts and souvenirs.
- • 25/30 Vendors/exhibitors displaying products in Expo Hall.
- • Excellent Food and Beverage available in Expo Hall
The schedules for the 2020 events will be announced soon.