World Championship Snowmobile Derby, January 16-19, 2020
Activities scheduled during WC Snowmobile Derby:
- • USSA Ice Oval Class World Champions Races and feature World Champion Crowned.
- • Debut of new CLASS’S…New Champ 440 and Formula III.
- • High flying Snow Cross racing will excite all fans.
- • Friday Night Thunder with Heats of World Championship eliminations, & more
- • Motor Cycle Racing brings excitement to Ice Ovals.
- • Johnny Greaves, Off Road Truck World Champion, brings his SXS (Side by Side) Sports Series knowledge to Eagle River for Saturday Turbo Power Day and evening.
- • Kids racing in all classes combined with the “Badger State Winter Games”….Snowmobile races
- • Vintage snowmobile display and more….
- • Come see the rare SKI DOO XR 4 owned by Paul Robinson, alone with other collector’s sleds of mutable brands.
- • You will marvel at Carl Eliason’s first “ELIASON SNOWMOBILE TOBOGOON” recognized as the eventer of the snowmobile.
- • Fireworks display’s both Friday and Saturday nights.
- • Derby Queen and Princes available for pictures and hospitality.
- • Front straight-a-way reserved indoor Hot Seats available with new Flat Screen TV’s
- • Gift Garage open for great gifts and souvenirs.
- • 25/30 Vendors/exhibitors displaying products in Expo Hall.
- • Excellent Food and Beverage available in Expo Hall
The schedules for the 2020 events will be announced soon.
The World Championship Derby Complex is excited to announce that we have brought SpeedShot Photography on board to capture both the 2019 World Championship Vintage Snowmobile Derby and the World Championship Snowmobile Derby.
SpeedShot Photography has been photographing snowmobile racing for well over 10 years and has passion for oval racing that shows through their work. SpeedShot has been at the Derby the past two years and their work has spread through the snowmobile racing community. SpeedShot’s work brings excitement to everyone who looks back at the racing action and can appreciate the memories by the great competitors of our sport. Browse some of their work at SpeedShotPhotography.com or check them out on Facebook and Instagram. Thank you SpeedShot Photography for your dedication to help promote the sport we all love, oval racing.
The famous World Championship Derby Track in Eagle River, Wisconsin, has a new owner – and an aggressive new plan going forward – as a group of longtime snowmobile industry insiders and passionate fans of the event purchased the track from now-former owner Chuck Decker.
The group is led by Snowmobile USA and World Snowmobile Headquarters founder/owner Tom Anderson, former Bombardier/Ski-Doo Vice President of Sales & Marketing Russ Davis and renowned drag racer and current Snowmobile Hall of Fame president Craig Marchbank.