Updated 1/14/19 56th World Championship Snowmobile Derby WEDNESDAY – January 16th 2019 Registration Building Open 6pm – 9pm THURSDAY SCHEDULE Pit gates open at 8am Registration Building Open open 8am – 5pm PRE-RACE SAFETY INSPECTION: Pre-Race Safety Inspection any sleds not previously inspected by USSA for the 2019 season. Inspection at the tech building starts […]
The World Championship Derby Complex is excited to announce that we have brought SpeedShot Photography on board to capture both the 2019 World Championship Vintage Snowmobile Derby and the World Championship Snowmobile Derby.
SpeedShot Photography has been photographing snowmobile racing for well over 10 years and has passion for oval racing that shows through their work. SpeedShot has been at the Derby the past two years and their work has spread through the snowmobile racing community. SpeedShot’s work brings excitement to everyone who looks back at the racing action and can appreciate the memories by the great competitors of our sport. Browse some of their work at SpeedShotPhotography.com or check them out on Facebook and Instagram. Thank you SpeedShot Photography for your dedication to help promote the sport we all love, oval racing.
- Safety Tech will start Thursday approx. 7:30am.
- Practice will start Thursday start time approx. 10:00am
- Must be safety teched & all paperwork in place before allowed to practice
- With warm weather laps & length of practice sessions maybe shortened, and final determination will be made Thursday morning.
- Racers Pit Pass is free! Crew is $40 for Vintage Weekend.
- Transponders are $30 for the weekend and can be rented with your registration or at the track.
- This is an ISR sanctioned event. You must have your ISR Competition License before you go onto the ice (you can get a single event vs a year long).
- If you haven’t registered yet Click Here to do so. (You have to have a separate Derby Raceday account)
World Championship VINTAGE Snowmobile Derby
Race Line Up – January 11th 2019
Spectator Gates Open at 9:00 am
Pits Open at 8:30 am
Driver’s Meeting at 9:00 am
W/C Time Trails Start at 9:30 am Read more
The famous World Championship Derby Track in Eagle River, Wisconsin, has a new owner – and an aggressive new plan going forward – as a group of longtime snowmobile industry insiders and passionate fans of the event purchased the track from now-former owner Chuck Decker.
The group is led by Snowmobile USA and World Snowmobile Headquarters founder/owner Tom Anderson, former Bombardier/Ski-Doo Vice President of Sales & Marketing Russ Davis and renowned drag racer and current Snowmobile Hall of Fame president Craig Marchbank.